Digital Illustration Competition 2019
We invites you to create a digitally illustrated poster depicting a world where everyone, everywhere have access to clean drinking water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
About the project and theme
The digital illustration competition” aims to capture the various issues faced by people of Pakistan in having access to clean dunking water, sanitation and hygiene facilities. The idea is that no one should be left behind, and these facilities are essential for humans to live a dignified and healthy life. The WASH facilities should be available to everyone everywhere.
We encourage students from the visual arts programmes of universities to participate and create innovative and diverse visual narratives. We want the youth to tell how water, sanitation and hygiene facilities should be available to all and how this is a right and need to attain transformational change to end the cycle of poverty.
The theme of the digital illustration project centres on having access to clean drinking water, decent toilet facilities and hygienic environment to be available to all the citizen of Pakistan without be marginalised, this in turns help to build a; Healthy nation, Transformation in lives, Clean environment, responsibility of individuals and institutions.
“Leave No One Behind”
Rules and Guideline for entries
- Posters can be portrait or landscape
Artists must submit editable files of their illustrations in Adobe software compatible format e.g. ai (Adobe Illustrator)
- Poster size: 18 x 24“: Must be an original illustration by the artist (use of photographs and stock images are strongly prohibited).
- Add 200 words summary of the concept
- Each contestant can submit can only submit one illustration.
- WaterAid holds the right to use the illustrations as per the organisation’s policies.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd poster will be selected on the following criteria: a) Relevance and/or interpretation of the theme; b) Artistic merit; c) Technical merit; d) Originality/creativity.
- The organisation reserves the right to disqualify any entry if the photographs do not meet the basic minimum standard.
Submission of Illustation
- To know more about Water, Saniation and Hygiene please refer to: https://www.wateraid.org/pk/, https://www.un.org/en/events/toiletday/
- Deadline to apply: 30 October 2019
- Email your photo entries to: email@example.com
- Kindly use this email subject line: Digital Illustration competition (entry for [insert activity]).